Jackson-Washington State Forest Oven Shelter #2
Historic shelter house in process of being completely rebuilt-essentially only the stone fireplaces. Constructed between 1934 and 1935 by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Co 1556 occupied in the forest.
DNR Historic Site and Structures Inventory; Outdoor Indiana 1934-1942; Department of Conservation Annual Reports 1933-1942
Project originally submitted by Indiana DNR, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology on September 14, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE