Jackson-Washington State Forest Museum Building (Shelter)
Concrete foundation, wood shingles. Built in 1935 by Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) as a museum building, constructed with logs from an old cabin (furnished by Jackson Co Historical Society), the Peter’s house, that had stood in the vicinity of Vallonia.
DNR Historic Site and Structures Inventory; Outdoor Indiana 1934-1942; Department of Conservation Annual Reports 1933-1942
Project originally submitted by Indiana DNR, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology on September 14, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE