Jackson-Washington State Forest ECW Camp S55 ( CCC Camp)
Completely overgrown ruins- primarily concrete foundations, some breaks, built-up roadways lived with pines, and a large stone chimney and stone/concrete foundation. Occupied by Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Co. 1556, 1933 to 1940.
DNR Historic Site and Structures Inventory; Outdoor Indiana 1934-1942; Department of Conservation Annual Reports 1933-1942
Project originally submitted by Indiana DNR, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology on September 10, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE