Indiana University Hall of Music(now the IU Auditorium)
In the 1930s through the early 1940s, Indiana University’s Bloomington campus was expanded through New Deal funding. The construction of the IU Auditorium (formerly the Hall of Music) began in 1938 with PWA funding. The Auditorium is built with Southern Indiana limestone and houses Thomas Hart Benton’s “Century of Progress” murals.
Personal research Auditorium plaque University Board of Trustee minutes
Project originally submitted by Jessica George on October 25, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE