“The Hunts Point Branch of the New York Public Library is the thirty-seventh and final Carnegie branch library to be built in New York City and the ninth to be constructed in the Bronx. It has been in continuous operation as a branch library for over eighty years.”
The library was built in 1929. From 1935-38, the library was expanded by the WPA, “with the construction of a rear two-story addition that accommodated a new activity space and supplementary reading room.” (http://hdc.org)
Project originally submitted by Frank da Cruz on June 6, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE