Hospital (before 1936 rebuild) - Winnemucca NV
Humboldt General Hospital in Winnemucca has been around in various forms since the 19th century. The current complex was established in 1908, and received expansions in 1936, 1942, 1962, 1973 and 2015-16.
The 1941-42 expansion was undertaken with a $14,121 grant by the Work Projects Administration (WPA), while the 1936 addition was undertaken with a $24,545 grant by the Public Works Administration (PWA).
The 2015-16 project was a major reconstruction and expansion of the hospital. It effaced all traces of buildings before the 1960s.
http://www.hghospital.ws/About_Us/History_of_HGH.aspx http://www.newsreview.com/reno/how-the-new-deal-built/content?oid=664643 National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 204.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE