Hospital today - WInnemucca NV
Humboldt General Hospital in Winnemucca has been around in various forms since the 19th century. The first hospital on the present site was established in 1908. It was expanded with new structures in 1936, 1942, 1962, 1973 and completely rebuilt in 2015-16.
The 1941-42 expansion was undertaken with a $14,121 grant by the Work Projects Administration (WPA), while the 1936 addition was undertaken with a $24,545 grant by the Public Works Administration (PWA).
The 2015-16 reconstruction of the hospital effaced all traces of buildings before the 1960s.
|Federal Cost||Local Cost||Total Cost||Project #'s|
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 204.
Project originally submitted by Shaina Potts on April 14, 2013.
Additional contributions by Richard Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE