“Later in 1936, the regional planning department prepared plans for the new pool and bathhouse that was then constructed by the WPA. The new facility opened in 1939. The pool had a capacity of one million gallons.”
Laurie Muench Albano, "Milwaukee County Parks," Arcadia Publishing, 2007.
Project originally submitted by Erin TerBeek on October 4, 2012.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE