House Park in 2014Photo: Larry D. Moore, February 4, 2014, CC BY-SA 4.0
The Public Works Administration (PWA) funded the construction of the House Park football stadium in Austin. House Park was built between 1938 and 1939 and has served as the home stadium for several Austin Independent School District high schools. The project was part of a larger grant made by the PWA to the City of Austin on October 31, 1938. The grant, up $613,127 under PWA Docket No. Texas-2134-F., was to cover 45% of the costs of construction of school facilities, school repairs and additions, athletic facilities, and land acquisitions.
The architects of record were Giesecke & Harris and the contractors were J. R. Blackmore & Sons.
Plaques on structure
Auston, Texas November 3, 2018: (http://www.austintexas.gov/edims/document.cfm?id=118465), accessed March 22, 2018.
House Park: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_Park), accessed March 22, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on March 22, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE