A since-demolished hospital at what was then North Texas State College received an addition constructed with federal Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) funds. The P.W.A. provided $11,000 for the project, which was dedicated on April 27, 1937.
The location was the northwest corner of what are now Union Cir. with S. Welch St. [at Chestnut St].
"Building the New Deal: Federal Construction on College Campuses in 1930s Texas," by Kaitlyn Waynen http://blogs.library.unt.edu/unt125/2015/08/17/public-works-administration-buildings-on-campus/
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 10, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE