Hoback Guard Station – Bridger-Teton NF WY
In 1935, Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) workers stationed in the Bridger-Teton National Forest constructed three buildings for the Hoback Guard Station: an office/dwelling, a shed, and a garage. There is a fourth building on the site that is not CCC.
The CCC buildings were constructed with an architectural style typical of CCC workmanship, with notched logs and square floor plans.
All of the buildings remain in use by the U.S. Forest Service with minimal physical alterations. The central office/dwelling is available to the public for short-term rentals and overnight stays.
“Hoback Guard Station: Bridger-Teton National Forest,” Recreation.Gov. https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/234570?tab=info.
Sheila L.“Hoback Guard Station Review,” https://www.hipcamp.com/wyoming/teton/hoback-guard-station.
“Lookouts, Latrines, and Lodgepole Cabins: United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service Intermountain Region, Bridger-Teton National Forest. March 2003. Administrative Facilities of Wyoming’s Bridger-Teton National Forest, 1904-1955. Volume Two, Evaluations: 25-26. https://npshistory.com/publications/usfs/region/4/bridger-teton/hcs-2.pdf.
Project originally submitted by Shae Corey on August 4, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE