A New York City Park’s Department press release from December 4, 1939 announces the opening of three new WPA playgrounds, including Hines Park:
“Hine’s Park at Fulton Avenue and East 167 Street is a triangular-shaped area containing a small children’s playground, providing a sandpit, see-saws, slides, kindergarten swings and a jungle gym…
The opening of these four areas designed by the Park Department and built by the Work Projects Administration makes a total of 306 new or reconstructed playgrounds completed by the Park Department since 1934.” (http://kermitproject.org)
Project originally submitted by Frank da Cruz on June 6, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE