Referring to projects accomplished by the Public Works Administration, The Indiana Gazette writes in 1937: “Five combination garage and office buildings at Allentown, Carlisle, New Castle, Bedford and Greensburg, have been built for the State Highway Department. These modern structures will house the road equipment used by the Highway Department and will provide adequate office space for its maintenance forces.”
The Carlisle facility has since been replaced. The former building is presently in use by the school department.
The Indiana Gazette from Indiana, Pennsylvania, Apr. 1, 1937 (pg. 20)
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/10028437/ (accessed Dec. 25, 2017)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on December 25, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE