Highland Park Swimming Pool and Bathhouse, Guthrie OK
“The swimming pool and bathhouse at Highland Park, built by the WPA in the 1930s is still in use today.
Established in 1890, one year after the city was first settled in the Land Run of 1889, Highland Park is part of the National Historic District of Guthrie. The main entrance faces south onto E. Warner Street in the 1100 block.
On the west side of the large swimming pool, a one-story masonry bathhouse stands. The building has been covered with stucco and painted a light color, with its main entrance on the west side in a projected vestible. The entrance is flanked by four single one-over-one hung windows on each side. The east side (rear) faces the pool.
The large outdoor swimming pool, and masonry bathhouse was completed in the 1930s as a WPA Project.” (waymarking.com)
There is no WPA shield or marking on the building. The property was found on a Logan County WPA Projects list.
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on November 27, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE