Front entrance, Highland Hospital - Oakland CA
The Works Progress Administration (WPA) constructed a central clinic building in the Highland Hospital in Oakland in 1935 or 1936. The exact location and design of that building are unknown.
There is no evidence that the WPA clinic building is still standing; it was undoubtedly demolished during recent construction of a large new hospital building behind the original hospital of 1927.
The photo here shows the entrance to the 1920s hospital, which was built in florid Spanish Revival style.
The Architect and Engineer, February 1936.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE