1940 Concrete WPA Marker
A Work Progress Administration marker is encased in a brick monument on the grounds of Southside Elementary School, on the West Tulsa Street (north) side of the school property. According to the Shiloh Museum of Ozark History, the WPA constructed a high school here in 1940. It remained on this property until 1994, when it was demolished to make way for the construction of the current elementary school. The bricks of the monument are actual bricks from the old WPA school, and the concrete WPA stone is the original cornerstone from the building.
Project originally submitted by Robert Birch on October 25, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE