Waste disposal plant - Hibbing MN: the shell concrete domes over the trickling filters
The Hibbing Disposal Plant, later named North Wastewater Treatment Plant, was built 1938-1939 in part with funding by the Public Works Administration (PWA). It was known for having two of the world’s largest concrete self-supporting domes. The facility was demolished between 2013 and 2018.
Project originally submitted by Barbara Pendleton on August 21, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE