Entrance sign, Heber-Kamas Ranger Station - Heber City UT
In 1936, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) built the original Kamas ranger station for the U.S. Forest Service, just south of Heber UT on Highway 40. (Baldridge, p. 123) The work was done by enrollees stationed at CCC Camp F-43 in Pleasant Grove. (Roper, p. 90) They also built a warehouse in Heber City, presumably at the site of ranger station.
The ranger station and warehouse have recently been replaced by new buildings.
Baldridge, Kenneth. 2019. The Civilian Conservation Corps in Utah. Salt Lake City: University of Utah Press.
Roper, Roger. CCC Database. Utah State Historic Preservation Office. 3-29-2021.
Project originally submitted by Richard Walker on July 31, 2021.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE