Horseshoe pit and meeting building Hart ParkA 6 "lane" horseshoe court with adjacent meeting room.
Originally called Orange City Park, today’s Hart Park was created in the 1930s by the City, working in conjunction with the State Emergency Relief Agency (SERA) and the Works Progress Administration (WPA).
In addition to the park’s band shell and swimming facilities, this fenced in area for playing horseshoes with an adjacent mission style building for meetings were most likely built by the WPA as well. A date stamp carved into the horseshoe pit cement shows a date that looks to be 1935.
Date inscription in concrete. http://ochistorical.blogspot.com/2008/01/w-o-hart-park-orange.html
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on November 20, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE