The federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) repaved Hamilton Place with a concrete base and macasphalt top in Hackensack, New Jersey in 1936. Curbs and gutters were also reconstructed. The WPA also relaid tracks along the road for the municipal Public Service department.
"The Dawn," a New Jersey WPA publication; September 1936 issue, page 6. Found at the Jersey City Public Library's New Jersey Room.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 10, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE