Hamilton County Courthouse
Designed by Overend and Boucher of Wichita, the historic Hamilton County Courthouse in Syracuse, Kansas was constructed in 1937 as a Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works (a.k.a. Public Works Administration—PWA) project, one of several P.W.A. county courthouses in Kansas.
The P.W.A. supplied a $29,250 grant for the project, whose total cost was $65,007.
Courthouses.co: “The building faces west and is a rectangular two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. On the west front is white colored stone trim with trim around the entrance.”
P.W.A. Docket No. Kansas 1258-D
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 167.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on February 3, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE