Hamilton County Courthouse- McLeansboro IL
The Public Works Administration (PWA) provided the funds to build the Hamilton County Courthouse in 1938. The structure was designed in Art Deco/Moderne style by architect William McCoy, who was well-known in central Illinois at the time.
Wikipedia makes the common mistake of confounding the PWA and the WPA.
Project originally submitted by Kate Harps on August 2, 2019.
Additional contributions by Dale Roberts.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE