Hall County CourthousePhotograph taken by Calvin Beale as part of official U.S. Department of Agriculture duties, May 1981.
After the Hall County Courthouse in Gainesville, GA, was destroyed by a tornado on April 6, 1936, the PWA dedicated funds toward its reconstruction.
A “marker and bronze tablet [were placed in front of the building] honoring President Roosevelt and commemorating Disaster Relief aid by the Federal Government.”
The courthouse is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE