This oil on canvas mural “Early Farmers” by Karl Kelpe, and a companion piece (“Pioneers”), were originally in the main entrance of the old Julian School building. They were painted in 1936 with funding from the WPA Federal Art Project.
Size: 16’11” x 8′
Originally posted in the New Deal Art Registry: http://www.newdealartregistry.org/
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE