Roosevelt Municipal Golf Course
“WPA funds were responsible for various projects in [Griffith] park, including construction of a 9 hole golf course on the former Griffith Reservation. At the urging of Mayor Frank Shaw, it was named in honor of President Roosevelt in 1937.”
Michael Eberts - Griffith Park: A Centenial History
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on October 10, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE