Green Mountain Lodge
The Green Mountain Lodge, located a half-mile’s hike from Flagstaff Mountain Road, is an open shelter rather than an enclosed building. It was constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in 1934.
According to the Boulder Open Space and Mountain Park: “The roof truss structure was constructed from West Coast heartwood pinned with oak dowels. Paving flags for the patio terrace and the interior floor were brought from the quarries of Lyons. The stones that form the walls are local. The shingles are in shades of 12 colors and sizes and are arranged on the roof and grade from antique green on the eves through grey and burgundy to light red on the ridge crest.”
The Green Mountain Lodge was recently rehabilitated and reopened for public use, and it is popular for meetings and picnics.
Project originally submitted by Richard A Walker on August 18, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE