Great Kills station house
The Great Kills station of the Staten Island Railway was redeveloped during the late 1930s, as one link in a large grade crossing removal project sponsored by the Public Works Administration (PWA). Work included construction of a new station house on Giffords Lane, which is still in use.
The New York Times: "$3,000,000 PWA JOB STARTS HERE TODAY: Work of Eliminating 15 Grade Crossings on Staten Island to Take 18 Months," July 13, 1938.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 8, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE