Governor Wentworth Historic Site is a 96-acre (0.39 km2) protected area in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire. The undeveloped property features a plaque and the stone remains of an extensive northern plantation built just before the outbreak of the American Revolution by New Hampshire’s second Royal Governor, John Wentworth. The mansion burned to the ground in 1820.
The CCC 117th COMPANY S-53 out of Tamworth NH were involved in the remodeling of a cottage and garage.
Official annual, 1937, Civilian Conservation Corps, First CCC District, First Corps Area.
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on August 5, 2020.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE