Gold Beach Ranger Station
The Gold Beach Ranger Station is located at the southern part of town just off of Hwy 101.
The Gold Beach Ranger Station is a CCC-built complex of multiple buildings completed in 1937. There is a bronze plaque located at the base of a flag pole in the center of the visitors’ parking lot that recognizes the Ranger Station in the National Register of Historic Places on April 8, 1986.
The buildings at this site were constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps, Companies 2523 and 1652 as well as Forest Service employees. They were designed by W.J. Turner and officially opened to the public in March of 1937.
Plaque mounted in front of the Ranger Station http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMF7Z6_Gold_Beach_Ranger_Station_Gold_Beach_OR
Project originally submitted by Doug Halvorsen on April 23, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE