Glen Park Recreation Center[Glen Park's playground fieldhouse] Written on back: 'Glen Park Playground Fieldhouse. Recreation Dept. William Gladilone Merchant, Architect.' San Francisco History Center, San Francisco Public Library AAE-1019
(10.42 Acres) Chenery and Elk Streets. Constructed playground, clubhouse and recreation center. Built new entrance, widened 2 tennis courts to regulation size, graded large portion of field, 3 volleyball courts. Clubhouse contains gymnasium, director's office, community theatre and special[t]y accomodations for women and children. Used daily by children and by adults in evening.–Healy, p. 63.
|Federal Cost||Local Cost||Total Cost||Project #'s|
Healy, Clyde E. San Francisco Improved: Report of Clyde E. Healy, Assistant City Engineer - City of San Francisco and Coordinator of W.P.A. Projects, Period October 10, 1935 to August 31, 1939. San Francisco : [s.n.]., 1939. United States. Work Projects Administration (Calif.) Report on Progress of the Works Program in San Francisco. January, 1938. Works Progress Administration / William Mooser, Jr., branch manager. [San Francisco? 1938]
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE