Zilker Girl Scouts Hut Northeast CornerPhoto: Larry D. Moore, April 23, 2018 CC BY-SA 4.0
The Civil Works Administration built the Girl Scouts Hut in Zilker Metropolitan Park in 1934. Architect Charles H. Page designed the National Park Service rustic style building, which overlooks the Barton Creek greenbelt. The hut is still used for meetings and camps by the Girl Scouts and can be rented for use by the public.
Application for Naming a Public Facility or Property, City of Austin, p.8.
(http://www.austintexas.gov/edims/document.cfm?id=226520), accessed April 29, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on April 28, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE