Gifford Woods State Park Entrance
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) developed Vermont’s Gifford Woods State Park during the 1930s.
“Development of Gifford Woods State Park began in 1933 by the Civilian Conservation Corps … In 1933 and 1934, CCC crews constructed the park office and ranger’s quarters, picnic area, stone restroom building, trails, the park entrance and parking area. In 1939 the CCC constructed a camping area.”
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 3, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE