Georgia Tech’s Stephen C. Hall Building was constructed as the Civil Engineering Building. “Today, the Stephen C. Hall Building houses the Writing and Communication programs at Georgia Tech, as part of the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.”
“The Federal Government continued its support of Tech by assisting the Board of Regents in 1937 with the construction of the Civil Engineering Building and the Mechanical Engineering Drawing Building. This $275,000 project allowed three departments to move out of the Mechanical Engineering Building and the Electrical Engineering Building. It also increased Tech’s research capability through a Hydraulics and Highway laboratory in the basement of the Civil Engineering Building.”
The Architectural Development of Georgia Tech: A Thesis Presented To The Faculty of the Division of Graduate Studies, by Warren E. Drury III. June 1984 (pg. 176) http://group20.pbworks.com/f/drury_warren_e_198405_ms_277217.pdf http://philanthropy.gatech.edu/building/stephen-c-hall-building
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 15, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE