“The Works Progress Administration which as we have seen sponsored the Gymnasium for Georgia Tech, was also responsible for adding the third and final addition to the Lyman Hall Chemistry Building. Construction began on a three-story “L” shaped addition in February of 1936. This addition has a large, two-storied chemical engineering laboratory 22 feet by 72 feet. The third story of this building contained a lecture room, library, and offices. Designed by Bush-Brown, Galley and Associates, the building followed the Collegiate Gothic of the Emerson Addition in style …”
The Architectural Development of Georgia Tech: A Thesis Presented To The Faculty of the Division of Graduate Studies, by Warren E. Drury III. June 1984 (pg. 176) https://group20.pbworks.com/f/drury_warren_e_198405_ms_277217.pdf
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 15, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE