“Tech’s development continued in the Fall of 1938 with the announcement that the Board of Regents, with Public Works Administration assistance, would spend $350,000 for the construction of four buildings and an addition to a fifth. Work began on the Howell and Harrison Dormitories by December of 1938.”
The Architectural Development of Georgia Tech: A Thesis Presented To The Faculty of the Division of Graduate Studies, by Warren E. Drury III. June 1984 (pg. 183) http://group20.pbworks.com/f/drury_warren_e_198405_ms_277217.pdf
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 15, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE