Old General Hospital detail
Battle Creek’s six-story Y-shaped former General Hospital building was completed as part of a large Public Works Administration (P.W.A.)-sponsored project. The P.W.A. supplied a $300,000 loan for the project, whose total cost was $316,882. Work occurred between Nov. 1936 and Aug. 1938.
The building, which has since been enlarged, presently serves as the West Brook Place housing complex.
PWA Docket No. MI 4306
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 59.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 13, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE