Garvin County Building
“The Garvin County building was WPA-constructed. The cornerstone shows the date of 1941. Above the entrance, is the date 1942. The building is in excellent condition and houses several community headquarters, including the 911 services, the Red Cross, Big Five Community Services Employment/Training, and the Delta Community Action Foundation…
The entrance faces south and has a wide stone surround. Engraved above the entrance is “GARVIN COUNTY / 1942″…” (http://www.waymarking.com)
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on November 15, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE