Gambrill CCC Tea Room
From the Maryland Department of Natural Resources website for Gambrill State Park:
“Most of the buildings and facilities within the park were built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in the 1930s. The CCC was a Federal program that was created during the Great Depression. The goal of the program was to create jobs for young men and to help restore the nation’s struggling natural resources…The Tea Room has been a popular feature of Gambrill State Park for over 70 years. The Tea Room is a native-stone building, built by the CCC in the 1930’s. It was originally designed for community events and gatherings. Today, the building remains a popular location for weddings, family reunions, business meetings, and other special events.”
Maryland Department of Natural Resources, at https://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/western/gambrill.asp, accessed March 18, 2013. https://www.dnr.state.md.us/mdconservationhistory/CCC_Exhibits_GambrillSP.asp
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on April 20, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE