L-shaped culvert with showing WPA shield
This culvert is L-shaped, with the Federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) shield showing the year as 1938. The tunnel is concrete and about 2 ft. high by 5 ft. wide. It runs east-west. A paved roadway crosses the culvert into Fuqua Park, site of the WPA armory which is now Stephens County Historical Museum.. The culvert is operational today and handles run-off at the Park entrance.
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on July 4, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE