Frederick Douglass School, Columbia, MO, south addition to right
The original part of this building dates to 1916, with the two sections flanking the central building being built in 1935. Small, recent additions are at the north and south of the building. This was a traditionally black school until integration of the Columbia Public Schools. It is adjacent to the swimming pool in Douglass Park, a WPA project completed in about 1937.
Project originally submitted by Charles Swaney on August 6, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE