The Franklin Hall dormitory building at OPSU was improved with W.P.A. funds and labor.
“By the 1920’s, the dormitory housed only male students, usually forty of them, and was called The Boys’ Dormitory. In 1935, the state legislature and WPA funds allowed funds for some badly needed remodeling. One year later, remodeling provided additional bathroom facilities in the building.”
Sometimes known as “the white building,” the building still stands at the eastern corner of Sewell St. and College Ave.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on February 4, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE