Four Mile School, Marlow OK
This rural WPA school is still standing but is no longer in use:
“Four Mile School is shown as Marlow, OK, however, it is located in a rural area four miles south of Rush Springs, and northeast of Marlow. It is located just south of the intersection of 1590 Rd and 2880 Rd…
This is a most unusual WPA school and we haven’t encountered a poured concrete school previously. The building is reminiscent of a jailhouse (which we’re sure children of the 1930s considered it). The building was constructed in 1937 with a WPA appropriation of $7700. The style is listed as Art Deco (?!) The building is basically rectangular, with two projections to the front. It has a poured concrete flat roof, and poured concrete walls. The building is in very poor condition at this time and is not in use.” (waymarking.com)
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on January 9, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE