Foster Park: entrance sign
The Civil Works Administration (CWA) put more than 100 men to work developing Foster Park on Spring Creek southwest of San Angelo. The 10-acre park received $11,000 in improvements made possible by the CWA. In Feb. 1934 the San Angelo Morning Times noted that work was being “completed rapidly.”
It is probable that the CWA constructed many of the stone facilities that still serve the park today, including picnic benches, fireplaces, and a sizable shelter.
San Angelo Morning Times, February 28, 1934, (pg. 7): https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/779773508/
San Angelo Standard-Times, May 3, 1934 (pg. 14): https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/779672289/ (accessed Apr. 10, 2022)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 10, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE