WPA crews conducted restoration work at the site between 1935 and 1938. From the Library of Congress: “In 1937, the fort was restored as a WPA project. It has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places, but today is in great need of additional need of repair and structural work.”
National Archives and Records Administration, Records of the Work Projects Administration, Information Service, Primary File, 1936-42, Box 15, Folder 290-B.
"Local Legacies," Library of Congress website, accessed July 29, 2015.
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on July 28, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE