The gym was constructed in 1933 by the Emergency Relief Administration. It is no longer extant. An historic photograph is available at the Southern Arkansas University site or the Southwest Archives site.
The elementary school was built on the former site of the gym.
Robert Walz Lafayette County Pictures Collection. Southwest Arkansas Regional Archives. Retrieved from http://www.southwestarchives.dreamhosters.com/photos.php?collection=Walz+Collection. Southern Arkansas University archival photograph. Retrieved from http://peace.saumag.edu/swark/sara/sara_lewisville/gym.html.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on January 10, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE