Chandler High School, Chandler OK
“The former Chandler High School, located at 515 Steele in the northwest section of Chandler was constructed by the WPA during a three-three period beginning in 1940, at a cost of almost $110,000.
This is a beautiful building in the Art Moderne style, accentuating the horizontal lines…
It is a beautiful building, even today. At the entrance on the east side, and the doors on the north and south are cast ornamental plaques depicting various school-related activities. There are also etched quotations.
The school opened on September 7, 1942 and remained open until 1994. When the school closed, the building continued to house the district administrative offices, as well as a Chandler School District museum. We were unable to ascertain whether the offices and museum still occupy this building.” (http://www.waymarking.com)
2) NRHP Nomination: http://www.ocgi.okstate.edu/shpo/nhrpdfs/96000372.pdf
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on November 9, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE