On July 16, 1935, the Department of Parks announced that the Forest Park Golf Course in Queens had been “entirely rebuilt with new greens and tees in line with the most modern golf architecture.” A later press release confirmed that this, and work on other golf courses, had been done with “relief funds provided by the C.W.A., T.E.R.A. and W.P.A.”
The course is still popular and has been named the “best New York City golf course” by Golf Guides USA.
Department of Parks, Press Release, July 16, 1935 Department of Parks, Press Release, May 7, 1936 http://www.golfnyc.com/
Project originally submitted by Frank da Cruz on October 2, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE