Old Flushing Armory
“The Flushing Armory is a historic National Guard armory building located in the Flushing section of the New York City borough of Queens. It is a brick and stone castle-like structure built in 1905–1906, designed to be reminiscent of medieval military structures in Europe. … Throughout the armory’s history it has been used for the National Guard, as a homeless shelter, and a gymnastics center. It is currently used by the New York City Police Department’s Queens North Task Force.”
The WPA provided resources to conduct repairs at the Flushing Armory (14th Infantry Armory) in Flushing during the 1930s.
National Archives; Record Group 69: Records of the Work Projects Administration; Records of the Project Control Division; microfilm publication T935; roll 41. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flushing_Armory
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on August 12, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE