Infirmary Building #2Taken Nov. 15, 1936. State Archives of Florida, Series 450: PWA Work Project Files, Box 1. Processed by Evan Kalish, 2016-8.
A pair of infirmary/ward buildings at what was then known as the Florida Farm Colony was constructed in 1936 as a New Deal-aided project. The Public Works Administration (PWA) supplied a $48,402 grant for the project, whose total cost was $108,174. The exact location and status of the buildings on the campus (presently known as the Tacachdale Center) are presently unknown to Living New Deal.
PWA Docket No. FL 1158-R
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 91.
State Archives of Florida, Series 450: PWA Work Project Files, Box 1.
State Archives of Florida, collection P75-294: [State] Institutions, Board of Commissioners, Publicity materials of the Florida Construction Program, (PWA), 1936-1937.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 3, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE