Brooklyn NY Flatbush Station Post Office
The historic Flatbush Station post office on Church Ave. in Brooklyn, New York was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds and is still in use today. “It was built in 1936, and designed by consulting architect Lorimer Rich in the Colonial Revival style, for the Office of the Supervising Architect of the United States Department of the Treasury. The building is a symmetrical, two-story, red brick building with a gable roof and a large one-story rear wing.” (Wikipedia)
The building became listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Post_Office_%28Flatbush,_Brooklyn%29 Building cornerstone
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 11, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE